Sunday, June 5, 2011

For your protein fix

Just as a quick follow-up to my weight-lifting posting, this is probably one of my favorite ways of preparing a protein shake:



I’ve been mixing protein and coffee for a while now after I saw that video, and I have nothing but love for the pre-work out coffee shake. It's also pretty good for times when you skip breakfast and you're on the go. But chances are that if you are like me you might also want something a bit more…potent for your post-work out shake. If you don’t want to come down from your adrenaline high but you know you need some form of protein, then try this out.

Make at least half a pot of dark coffee. Mix it with a cup of milk (or vegan whatever), some ginseng, maca powder, and a couple scoops of protein powder (chocolate seems to work best). Pound it as fast as you can and enjoy your ensuing state of berserk energy.

Listen to this too while you’re at it.

If that doesn't get your blood pumping then you might be a corpse.

No comments:

Post a Comment